Employers, Be Vigilant
California employers and their managers are often targets in sexual or other harassment and discrimination lawsuits filed by disgruntled employees. These claims are highly contentious and we understand how to defend and protect the accused in litigation. We also handle wrongful termination claims, which can be equally contentious, and wage and hours claims. And we defend our clients in investigations by the EEOC and California Labor Board, including in litigation, negotiation of consent decrees and settlement agreements.
McKasson & Klein does not take plaintiffs’ contingency fee cases.
Before litigation, and as a preventative action, we advise clients on a daily basis on their rights and obligations under Federal and State labor and employment laws as to their employees and businesses. We are a phone call away, and respond as soon as needed. Businesses have immediate employment needs and require quick answers, and we are always ready to assist.
We prepare corporate documents to minimize potential exposure to lawsuits, such as employment contracts, handbooks, policies and procedures, job descriptions, disciplinary notices and severance agreements.
- Mckasson & Klein Announces Multi-Million Trial Victory
- Employment Class Actions on the Rise
- Independent Contractors – Say It Isn’t So...
- Wage & Hour Claims – Definition of “Employer” Under California Law
- Legal Issues for California Employers in a Downsizing Economy
- Retaliation Claim by Bikini Contestant
- Armed Forces / Military Family Leave
- Implications of Murphy v. Kenneth Cole for California Employee Rest and Meal Breaks
- Scope of At Will Employment in California
- Contractors Beware in Signing Lien Waiver and Release